Translate

Sunday, June 14, 2009

You meet the nicest people in the most unusual places

Pardon the blog today as it is more social than professional. So Saturday a couple of friends and I are hiking from Idyllwild up and over Mt. San Jacinto to the tram above Palm Springs. We are getting ready for a trip this summer. This trip provides both distance and altitude. As I am toiling up the hill on what has been called the “steepest trail on the mountain” and this group of three has passed me for the 3rd time – this guy turns around and says, “Aren’t you Dr. Miller?” – Which of course is accurate. It turns out that this is Steve Heinhold in front of me from John W. North High School Math Department.

I appreciate the effort that Steve as well as many of the rest of you that take the time and concern to introduce yourselves to me – particularly in unusual, non-traditional places – it helps me to get to know you. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment