Translate

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

MLK Day Activities

Well the walk and the company was great on the Walkathon from Stratton Center to the MLK Statute downtown and then to RCC.  It was great this year, in addition to City Officials to have a great representation from our high schools.  I saw three, but there may have been more.  Both ML King and Poly had their colors on.  I know that Principal Painton and Activities Director Porter were there with a number of students -- though their blue didn't stand out well from the MLK March blue. 

I know that there were a number of teachers and other staff there along the way -- and it was great to see them and their support.  I believe that this was Dr. Beaty's 19th march which is consistent with the 19th year of this event along with Mayor Loveridge's 19th walk as well.

Attached are some of the photos I got along the way.



  

1 comment:

  1. The last picture posted in this blog shows 5 Ramona students. It seemed like the Ramona students (at least 30+ for what I saw) wore their walk-a-thon shirts like their activities director did and the rest of the walkers. Thought I would share what I saw since Dr. Miller seemed to have missed Ramona.

    ReplyDelete