Translate

Monday, October 18, 2010

Biker's Paradise

As promised there was the Citrus Classic this weekend.  It was a great ride that provided lots of different venues of Riverside {I saw places I had never seen}.  The Leadership Riverside Class of 2010 is the best ever as they had about 600 riders and are still counting their money (though I understand they are expecting more that $30k to provide to REEF and AEF).

For me, it was a great day with colleagues, friends, and community.  I rode the 27 mile version -- though some of our principals rode the more exciting distances.  I rode most of the ride with Lanna Goffman -- one of our administrators.  She was kind and waited for me to catch up along the way.  A good chunk of the Board of Education and Cabinet were running the rest stop about 1/2 way along the way -- just before the Santa Ana River Trail.

I am sure that Lanna wondered what happened, as she was ahead of me -- and yet I finished before her.  Explanation -- I got lost ...but was found by a bike-riding Marine who guided me back to safety and the finish (orientation skills).  Like I said a great ride with great people.  The money goes to our kids/teachers in RUSD and Alvord Education Foundation.  So this was the 1st annual Ride -- I am already looking forward to the 2nd annual ride -- though I probably should get in shape this time.

Thanks again to Leadership Riverside and all the great sponsors that participated and made it a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment