Translate

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Smack Down?


So here I am in the dark – at Arlington HS – looking at the future of Hollywood. The little known Media and Arts Academy that resides on the Arlington campus has its annual “Smack Down.” Curious title, but it is essentially the Academy Awards for the various media and digital arts student work from the year. True to its Academy Awards theme, we have MCs, musical entries for the various stars, and acceptance speeches. GREAT performance and another great example of the value-added work that goes on in this District. I believe you will find FEW other opportunities like this in California, much less the U.S. Great job Arlington!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rick - I love your blog! Great information from your perspective. I expecially love hearing about your experiences observing students and the programs RUSD has to offer! I would love to see it all but this is the next best thing!

    Sandra Ramirez

    ReplyDelete