Translate

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

After Failed Propositions -- Now What?

The election is over and the people of California – not surprisingly – have indicated that they don’t want to pay any more in taxes. The impacts on RUSD are yet to be determined as it is still up to the governor and legislature to provide a “balanced” budget for 2009-10. Overall, I still believe that we will be fine in RUSD (though not happy with the addition cuts and reductions) as we have GREAT people that are committed to our students and community – AND – we have a real TEAM in the District that will work together for the benefit of all.

I would continue to encourage you continue to contact our local legislators who are the only ones who have control over this situation.

2 comments:

  1. I want all to know that Rick went to the RCTA office and helped us call members to remind them of the vote and our position on it.

    This is a new era for RUSD - please let Rick know how much we appreciate him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who do I contact? You said the local legislators..but when I click on it it doesn't take my anywhere? Please ..I want my voice heart that getting rid of me and 53 other elementary teachers was hurtful..and going to have consequences to education and the future of our students. I am hurt and broken and no one at RUSD cares enough to do the furlough like Corona District did. If only RUSD would unite together and do something.

    ReplyDelete