Translate

Friday, April 29, 2011

I lost my tie!!


Yesterday afternoon, once again over 500 Seniors at JW North gathered with community leaders to present their Senior Exhibitions.  Kudos to them all, as well as their teachers and mentors.  This is not only a life skill to stand up in front of others and present, it is an assessment of their learning over the past 4 years at North.

Dr. Tony Wagner, of Harvard University, is currently criticizing the notion across America that we overly test students with the use of "bubbles" and "multiple choice" types of assessment items.  He advocates that students need to pose solutions and defend their proposition.  I would argue that the Senior Exhibitions at JW North do exactly that.

And yes, I was more than pleased to assist anyway possible in that effort.

3 comments:

  1. What color is your tie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several dozen ties...if you can't find yours, I'll loan you one of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure you lost your tie? Did you check your closet?

    ReplyDelete