Translate

Monday, January 4, 2010

A Look Back and a Look FORWARD

Well I don't know about you, but it has been a great year for my family and I -- and we remain excited about our good fortune to be in Riverside working with the great folks here at RUSD. We love Riverside as a place, as a community, and as a city. I also appreciate those of you who have bothered to read these posts -- and even comment at times.

Times have definitely been tough with the budget situation and unfortunately will continue to be so until California and its Legislature provides a real budgetary fix to this dilemma. While RUSD has a history of performing well, we have new challenges and will perform even better. We have great principals, teachers, and classified personnel -- all of whom are committed to this community and its students. I appreciate their daily efforts on behalf of our students. In difficult budget times, it becomes even more important to realize that we are in the "people" business -- and that our people will make the difference.

I am excited and looking forward to the year ahead. I hope that you are equally encouraged and energized for that which is before us.

All the best,

Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment