Translate

Monday, January 7, 2013

Maybe this time?

Okay, so I/we started off in the Spring of 2009 with a blog and I did pretty well logging 320 posts before the wheels apparently fell off the wagon in August 2011 .  Failure to post did not mean that I was not guilt-ridden about the issue.  Obviously, things have been busy but that does not change the basic concern about not living up to my end of things.

Well, it is a new year -- and time to give it a new try.  Heaven knows there are plenty of issues at the state, national, and local levels.  Watch for the Governor's initial budget proposal on this Wednesday, January 10th.  He will be proposing a fundamental change in how we fund California schools.  We have been using Prop 98 for quite some time and his proposal will be to create a new mechanism referred to as WSF (Weighted Student Formula) -- though my understanding is that he does not like the name and as such will "brand" it with a new name in his proposal.

Certainly other issues that bear consideration include such things as:  Common Core, the new Smarter Balanced Assessment plan, Proposition 30 and its impacts, California Voter Rights Act, Weighted Student Formula, etc.

I hope you will consider taking the time to peruse these blog issues.  I will make every attempt to post at least twice a week -- we will see how I do.  More importantly, I hope that this is a conversation and you COMMENT on the posts as that always adds value to the discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment