Translate

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

Obviously this is the time of year for Thanksgiving – the holiday. As such we take the week off for students, staff, and families to enjoy the season and their time with each other. However, it is also the time for me to be thankful for all that I have been blessed with, including my family.

I would also like to say that I am tremendously thankful for all of you here in Riverside. We have a great teaching staff that is highly committed to doing the best for students.  Additionally, we have a great support staff that is committed everyday to do what they can to make instruction successful for students.  Frankly, there is NO place that I would rather be than here in Riverside.  What we can do together is tremendous and exciting.

On a more personal note, I am thankful for all of those in Riverside who have befriended us since our arrival.  In the true Riverside spirit you have welcomed us.  Indicative of that spirit, 2 years ago when we arrived on Christmas Eve (literally), we were greeted by Gary and Collette Lee along with warm soup and a small Christmas tree.  That same spirit by many others has prevailed since our time here.  I am thankful.

1 comment: