Translate

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jobs Bill -- Revisited

I know there is much concern about the federal jobs bill and its potential impact on both our District and those teachers and classified staff that have been laid off.  I also know that my scenario of how RUSD may, in fact, not receive much, if any, assistance with this bill is very disconcerting. 

As such, I want to share an article in the Sacramento Bee that I became aware of today.  I am sharing it NOT because it is going to be what happens -- but because it again offers some perspective of the complexity and options in this situation.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this link, Dr. Miller as it sheds some light on how lawmakers see funding. After reading the Sacramento Bee article, only one word describes how I felt...disheartened. Taking money away from certain groups that recieve state funding to solve a budget problem that was not necessarily created by them is ridiculous. The comments on the article were equally as disheartening. People keep describing our public education system as "broken". As a teacher and parent, I don't always agree with EVERYTHING we require our students to learn or how we expect them to learn it, but I wonder what exactly, do these people think needs to be fixed and how is taking money from education to solve a state budgeting problem going to "fix" the education system itself?

    ReplyDelete