Translate

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1 -- and NO change in the budget

As expected, we have arrived to the July 1st deadline and the new fiscal year without action from Sacramento. We seem to have a process filled with contention and partisan fractionation. I don't anticipate any resolution within the next few days or even weeks. While it is pure speculation on my part, I don't anticipate any real progress until the middle of this month -- at best.

That being said, the budget issue has serious impacts on school funding based on the inaction in Sacramento during the past few days and week. Without going into the possible impacts of the failure to act, I would again refer you to the most recent article of CASBO (California Association of Business Officials).

I sure we will see and hear more from the Governor and others in the coming hours and days.

No comments:

Post a Comment